axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ebert, Chris" <chris.eb...@hp.com>
Subject RE: IncompatibleClassChangeError using JRun/Axis/Castor
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 20:29:09 GMT
The versions of libraries are different when you compile and when you
run. A lot of times you don't notice, but sometimes it blows up with
IncompatibleClassChangeError. It's *probably* a library that axis uses
(you could check that line of the source and see what it is). You can
check the library that a class is loaded from by querying the
classloader (get the class, e.g.
AxisContentHandler.class.getClassLoader()) and see where it came from.
Figuring out the exact version of a library once you've found it can be
harder. Apache libs often have a 'Version' class in them. Otherwise you
may have to spend some time guessing.

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Matthew Menefee [mailto:mmenefee@nationsholding.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 02, 2005 10:22
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: IncompatibleClassChangeError using JRun/Axis/Castor

I have been trying to set up a sample webservice from IBM and I am
getting an IncompatibleClassChangeError.

Here is the link to the sample:

http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-castor/

They are on WebSphere and I am using JRun4/Eclipse.  I have my client
setup using the same methods that they did at the bottom of the example.
I have seen a few posts where they say this error is thrown because my
classpath is wrong.  I looked at my java.class.path system variables and
notice that they are different for the client and the server.  This may
be the problem, but when I changed the java.class.path variable to point
to the correct JAR files, it did not help.

Here is the complete trace of the error:

11/02 12:08:13 user AxisServlet: init

11/02 12:09:00 error

java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError

      at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.castor.AxisContentHandler.startElement(Axis
ContentHandler.java:110)

      at org.exolab.castor.xml.Marshaller.marshal(Marshaller.java:1530)

      at org.exolab.castor.xml.Marshaller.marshal(Marshaller.java:849)

      at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.castor.CastorSerializer.serialize(CastorSer
ializer.java:116)

      at
org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContextImpl.serializeActual(Serial
izationContextImpl.java:1255)

      at
org.apache.axis.encoding.SerializationContextImpl.serialize(Serializatio
nContextImpl.java:795)

      at org.apache.axis.message.RPCParam.serialize(RPCParam.java:225)

      at
org.apache.axis.message.RPCElement.outputImpl(RPCElement.java:387)

      at
org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.output(MessageElement.java:783)

      at org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBody.outputImpl(SOAPBody.java:174)

      at
org.apache.axis.message.SOAPEnvelope.outputImpl(SOAPEnvelope.java:509)

      at
org.apache.axis.message.MessageElement.output(MessageElement.java:783)

      at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.writeTo(SOAPPart.java:270)

      at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsString(SOAPPart.java:483)

      at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsBytes(SOAPPart.java:375)

      at org.apache.axis.Message.getContentType(Message.java:399)

      at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:887)

      at
org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.j
ava:339)

      at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91)

      at
jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)

      at
jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:259
)

      at
jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:541
)

      at
jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172)

      at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java
:428)

      at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

Does anyone have experience with this combination of products, or this
example webservice?

Thank you.