axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Oliver Schoenwald <oliver.schoenw...@FernUni-Hagen.de>
Subject call.invoke(...) and authenticating with client certificate
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2005 07:27:44 GMT
Hi,

I'm using Tomcat 5.5.4 and using the following code to connect to a
soap-server (called from a
servlet):

---snip! ---
        String wsAddress =
"https://mysoapserver.anywhere.org/soap/index.php";
        String wsMethod   = "get_data";
        Service service    = new Service();
        Call    call       = (Call)service.createCall();
        call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new URL(wsAddress) );
        call.setOperationName( wsMethod );
        return call.invoke( new Object[] { userID, "urn:get",
"urn:get#get_data"} );
--- snip! ---

At the moment that server accepts client certificates optionally for
test purposes,
but is ought to be set to make client certification-based authentication
obligatory for security
reasons.

How do I set my environment to use a client certificate when connecting
to a system
requiring? I have a 'pem'-certificate file but where I got that
certificate I can get any other
necessary format.

Thank you in advance,

Oliver Schoenwald