axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Allen Cronce <acro...@earthlink.net>
Subject WSS4J vs. Apache XML security for digital signatures?
Date Fri, 04 Nov 2005 16:24:34 GMT
Hi all,

I'm interested in adding digital signatures to our Axis 1.3 based soap
service. Originally I had assumed that I would use WSS4J (or something
like it) to do implement this. But the Axis example code uses Apache XML
Security directly, via a sample helper class called SignedSOAPEnvelope.
And posts to this list seem to be split in their recommendations.

Can anyone with practical experience adding security to their Axis
service comment on the best overall direction to proceed?

Best regards,
--
Allen Cronce