axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Pobzeb Armerding <pobzeb.armerd...@vanns.net>
Subject Re: Mappoint 401 unauthorised with CommonsHTTPSender (was : Axis and Mappoint.NET problem - "(405)Method Not Allowed")
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:04:53 GMT
I think I got it.  I have actually just finished a webservice client that uses the setUsername
and setPassword methods of the call interface.  This is how it works:

SOAPInterface_PortType service = new SOAPInterfaceLocator().getSOAPInterface();
((SOAPInterface_BindingStub)service).setUsername("username");
((SOAPInterface_BindingStub)service).setPassword("password");

SOAPReturn return = service.getMethod(Parameters);

The only issue that I found with this method is that the password needed to be encrypted for
my use.  If I did not encrypt the string used in the password, I received a 401 Authentication
error.

I hope this helps you to at least get started.

Pobzeb Armerding
Vann's Inc.
Software Engineer