axis-java-user mailing list archives

From arul thayalan <thaya123_2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Developing webservice client-bug in axis 1.3????
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 22:32:48 GMT
Hi Anne,
        I am writing web service client.We are having
WSDL. Using AXIS 1.3 in Eclipse IDE, I converted WSDL
into java classes and It has 3 input params of type
string and 3 output params . In output, one param of
type is string remaing 2 of them are user defined
objects. For this user defined output param, i'm
creating object in client side and send it to server,
In server side the value will be assigned to this
object. But i'm getting null in user defined
objects.But i'm getting the value for output param of
type value string.

Y'day i went walk through axis source code. I found
that bug in

public Object
org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(RPCElement body )
throws AxisFault method.

>From the respose msg it's iterating only the first
body element only, not all elements
source here..
resEnv = resMsg.getSOAPEnvelope();
SOAPBodyElement bodyEl = resEnv.getFirstBody();

This seems to be the reason for the null pointer
exception. Please advise me in this. Is it bug or
what?

My web service operation binding type is document
literal.

Thanks & Regards
Arul Thayalan.