axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Mick Knutson" <mickknut...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Need Design help for ComplextTypes to ActionForms please...anyone?
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2005 20:17:30 GMT
I don't control the wsdl.

I also do not like the ComplexTypes that are generated. They exist because
of Cobol requires certain structure, and I need the structures more
flattened.

So, if there was a way to make the generated files extend or implement an
Abstract Class or Interface?
If I use an Abstract Class I can have a utility method that will convert the
Complex SubType into data members on my DTO's/ActionForms.

I am just trying to solve this:
This works fine:
EnrollType.commonEnrollmentId == Consumer.commonEnrollmentId
With this:
BeanUtils.copyProperties(EnrollType, Consumer);

Then when the wsdl changes to this:
EnrollType.customerReferenceNumber != Consumer.commonEnrollmentId
This does NOT work:
BeanUtils.copyProperties(EnrollType, Consumer);

So without a way to have an extends or interface break at compile time, many
changes like this go unoticed for some time, and dismissed as bad data in
the DB.

Thank You
Mick Knutson

Sr. Java/J2EE Consultant
BASE logic, inc.
(415) 648-1804 (S.F., CA)
http://www.BASELogic.com

HP Consulting Services (Walnut Creek, CA)