axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Zhixiang He" <...@i3archive.com>
Subject Help -- Implement Nillable Element
Date Fri, 14 Oct 2005 20:48:24 GMT
Hi,

Have to create a web service based on an existing WSDL which is not
complete (It means I have to modify it). In it's documentation, it
requires two input parameters (both xsd:dateTime) are optional.

Following is what I did in the WSDL file:

<wsdl:types>

        <xsd:schema .............>

            <xsd:element name="nillable_dateTime" nillable="true"
type="xsd:dateTime"/>

        </xsd:schema>

    </wsdl:types>

    <wsdl:message name="RetrieveSummaryInfoHttpGetIn">

        <wsdl:part name="requestType" type="xsd1:summaryRequestType"/>

        <wsdl:part name="patientID" type="xsd1:SearchString"/>

        <wsdl:part element="xsd1:nillable_dateTime"
name="lowerDateTime"/>

        <wsdl:part element="xsd1:nillable_dateTime"
name="upperDateTime"/>

        <wsdl:part name="mostRecentResults"
type="xsd1:ReturnedResultCount"/>

</wsdl:message>

Then I use WSDL2Java to generate server and client side. When I type

http://localhost:8080/axis/services/IHERetrieveForDisplayPort?wsdl

to check the wsdl generated via Axis, I found this one is different with
my original one.

Here is the wsdl came from Axis:

   <wsdl:message name="RetrieveSummaryInfoRequest">

      <wsdl:part name="requestType" type="tns1:summaryRequestType"/>

      <wsdl:part name="patientID" type="tns1:SearchString"/>

      <wsdl:part name="nillable_dateTime" type="xsd:dateTime"/>

      <wsdl:part name="nillable_dateTime" type="xsd:dateTime"/>

      <wsdl:part name="mostRecentResults"
type="tns1:ReturnedResultCount"/>

   </wsdl:message>

Then I tried to make a web service call with null values for those two
input parameters. I got "java.lang.NullPointerException".

Could someone help me out on this or any suggestion?

Thanks and have a good weekend,

Helen