axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Doug Stein <dougwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Web services deployment API
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 21:48:58 GMT
I have a question relating to deployment of web services using Axis2. The
normal way to deploy a service is to create an archive file (*.aar) and then
drop it into the appropriate directory, which is then picked up by Axis.
This all works just fine, and the hot deployment feature is very cool.

But I am wondering, is there a way to expose a service in Axis without using
the file system? I'd like to register a service with Axis using an API
rather than create an archive file. Theoretically the service could be
registered along with a callback that would be called when the service is
invoked. The callback might look something like:

public OMElement invokeService(String serviceName, OMElement element);

Looking around in the source code the answer would seem to be that it
doesn't work this way, but I'm wondering if I am missing something. Also,
would this feature possibly be part of upcoming work such as the Management
Interface for Axis2?

Thanks,

- Doug