axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Jan Bares <jan.ba...@jaron.cz>
Subject Re: WSDL2Java problem
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2005 14:59:37 GMT
Thanks Hansen, I am not sure we are talking about the same thing.

The Web Service method is:
void methodName(BaseClass[]);

I have to pass a ChildClass object that extends BaseClass class as
argument,
so I do:
methodName(new BaseClass[] {new ChildClass()});

When I look into SOAP request, I see only fields from BaseClass, but no
fields from ChildClass object. Both classes *are* generated by AXIS from
WSDL. Does AXIS/SOAP handle inheritance on input parameters? (it works well
for output parameters, e.g. BaseClass[] anotherMethod() returns ChildClass
objects inside the array)

Thanks, Jan