axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Steve Kruse <skr...@adaptivemethods.com>
Subject one request - 1..n responses
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:30:50 GMT
I'm new to axis/soap and I am trying to figure out if it is possible to
have a soap service that takes in one request and sends back and
unlimited amount of responses over an extended amount of time?  I've
been looking all over the web trying to figure out how to architect it
and if it is actually doable, it looks as though it may be but I havn't
found any examples of it.  I know this technology is moving fast and I
can't find any examples of people implementing a service this way.  I
just found the new axis2 site yesterday and I am hoping that it will be
able to implement this type of architecture.  I have also been looking
the pubscribe project and it seems as though it may implement the type
of architecture I am looking for.  I just have not found any good
examples of this architecture and nothing on how the soap client would
be created to handle the callbacks for the multiple responses.  Any
enlightning on this subject would be greatly appreciated.  Sorry for
being naive about the axis/soap world, but as I said it is all pretty
new to me.  Does soap/axis handle http multipart responses?

Steve