axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Paul Mackles" <paul.mack...@cnet.com>
Subject are wsdl2java generated client stubs thread-safe?
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:58:45 GMT
Hi - I have what I hope is a simple question... Are the
wsdl2java-generated client stubs thread-safe? In other words, if I call:

handleToWs = new WsServiceLocator().getWs(new
URL("http://blah.blah.com/ws"));

at application startup and then use 'handleToWs' in multiple threads,
will I run into problems? My hunch is that I won't (I see some
synchronized blocks in the generated code) but I can't find anything
which clearly states: "client stubs are thread safe". Are there other
downside to the approach that I might be missing?

I am currently using Axis1.1 but an upgrade to 1.2 is in the works.

Thanks,
Paul