axis-java-user mailing list archives

From jim wang <soap_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: how to get real paramerter name instead of in0, in1 in wsdl file.
Date Mon, 17 Oct 2005 23:51:37 GMT
Hi, Katan:

Thanks for the quick response.

You are right on using class instead of interface, however, theoratically, we should use Java2WSDL
to against interface not class to generate WSDL file, right?

Correct me if i am wrong.

-JP

Ketan Deshpande <deshpande_ketan@yahoo.com> wrote:
Hi Jim,

This works fine for me if I use a class, not an interface. e.g. if I use an
interface Foo, java2wsdl picks up in0 / in1. If I use a class Foo, then the
param names are picked up fine. You still need to compile with -g.

-K

--- jim wang wrote:

> Folks:
>
> I am using Java2WSDL to generate wsdl file, and try to get real parameter
> name from interface instead of in0, in1.
>
> Someone suggested to me using the following technique:
>
> When you compile your source code, turn debugging on. Apache will use your
> parameter names in the WSDL file. for example:
>
> javac -g Calculator.java
>
> java org.apache.axis.wsdl.Java2WSDL -o calculator.wsdl -l
> "http://localhost:8080/axis/Calculator.jws" Calculator
>

> Somehow, it did not work for me, does this sound familiar to you, please
> help.
>
> Regards,
>

> -JP

Ketan Deshpande