axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Shane Furlong" <furl...@cinergycom.com>
Subject No deserializer defined error
Date Fri, 07 Oct 2005 17:49:22 GMT
All,

I have a Web Service that takes an array of strings as a parameter that is
deployed on JBoss. The section of the WSDL file, generated by wscompile,
that is relevant here is:

      <complexType name="PackageAuthorization">

        <sequence>

          <element name="packageLength" type="int"/>

          <element name="packageListType" type="string"/>

          <element name="packageNameList"

type="tns:ArrayOfstring"/></sequence></complexType>

      <complexType name="ArrayOfstring">

        <complexContent>

          <restriction base="soap11-enc:Array">

            <attribute ref="soap11-enc:arrayType"

wsdl:arrayType="string[]"/></restriction></complexContent></complexType>

When this is deployed on JBoss I get this in the WSDD file:

  <typeMapping

    qname='ns2:PackageAuthorization'

xmlns:ns2='http://www.qcommcorp.com/dncstypes'

    type='java:com.qcommcorp.dncs.types.PackageAuthorization'

serializer='org.jboss.webservice.encoding.ser.MetaDataBeanSerializerFactory'

deserializer='org.jboss.webservice.encoding.ser.MetaDataBeanDeserializerFact

ory'

    encodingStyle='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'>

  <typeDesc>

    <elementDesc fieldName='packageLength' xmlName='packageLength'/>

    <elementDesc fieldName='packageListType' xmlName='packageListType'/>

    <elementDesc fieldName='packageNameList' xmlName='packageNameList'/>

    <elementOrder>

      <element name='packageLength'/>

      <element name='packageListType'/>

      <element name='packageNameList'/>

    </elementOrder>

  </typeDesc>

  </typeMapping>

And then when I try to call a method that uses the PackageAuthorization
complex type as an input I get this error:

No deserializer defined for array type

{http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-encoding}string
<http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-encoding%7dstring>

      at

org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.createFault(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:2

62)

      at

org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFaultBuilder.endElement(SOAPFaultBuilder.java:16

9)

      at

org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.endElement(Deserializati

onContextImpl.java:1092)

      at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1712)

      at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1963)

      at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1691)

      at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.content(Parser2.java:1963)

      at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.maybeElement(Parser2.java:1691)

      at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parseInternal(Parser2.java:667)

      at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.parse(Parser2.java:337)

      at

org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl.parse(XMLReaderImpl.java:448)

      at

org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContextImpl.parse(DeserializationCon

textImpl.java:257)

      at org.apache.axis.SOAPPart.getAsSOAPEnvelope(SOAPPart.java:582)

      at org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope(Message.java:447)

      at

org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:687

)

      at

org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:134)

      at

org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:

71)

      at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:157)

      at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:183)

      at

com.qcommcorp.dncs.client.DNCSBindingStub.modifyDhctConfiguration(DNCSBindin

gStub.java:1274)

      at com.qcommcorp.dncs.client.DNCSTester.main(DNCSTester.java:38)

I see plenty of people asking about how to fix this problem but little
answers. Can anyone help me here? Thanks.

Shane Furlong