axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wesley MacDonald" <...@cdnamesearch.com>
Subject RE: Axis UTF-8 Encoding Question
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2005 21:22:24 GMT
Hi,

    We are returning an XML document as a "string" from the call to the web service. so inside
the soap packet we get:

    &lt;owner&gt;LA BRASSERIE LABATT LIMIT&#xC9;E&lt;/owner&gt;

    for example.  This is the way it is being received from Axis

    What I would like returned is É for the letter É instead of &#xC9;

Hope that is the detail you were looking for.

Wes.

________________________________

From: naveen babu [mailto:thisisnaveen@gmail.com]
Sent: October 21, 2005 5:07 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: Axis UTF-8 Encoding Question

can you be a little detail.

try returning the UTF-8 characters in string format

On 10/21/05, Wesley MacDonald <wes@cdnamesearch.com> wrote:

	Hi,

	   I would like to know why the UTF-8 characters are being returned as html encoded values
and is it possible to get them in their native format.  Here is an example of a return:

	        LIMIT&#xC9;E

	    The server is running under Tomcat 5.5.9 with Axis 1.2.1 and the client uses IP*Works!
for Borland C++

	Thanks in advance

	Wes.