axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ron Reynolds" <...@RonReynolds.com>
Subject RE: performance
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2005 18:49:23 GMT
anything that's specified as -D on the command line is a System property so your next best
bet is to have a static{}
block in your main class (or some class that gets loaded very early - a <load-on-startup>
servlet for example) that
has:

static {
  System.setProperty("axis.xml.reuseParsers", "true");
}

or you can hunt down the block of code that reads that system property in and see if there's
another way to insert
that value in there.

> Is there another way to set this property besides on the command line?  I tried to set
the property using the
> server-config.wsdd with the globalConfiguration setting:
>
> 	<parameter name="axis.xml.reuseParsers" value="true"/>
>
> However, when this does not appear to be working.  I get:
>
> 	AxisProperties.getProperty(AxisEngine.PROP_XML_REUSE_SAX_PARSERS) = null
>
> I also get null for any of the other parameters that I am setting in this section.
>
> Am I missing something?  How can I verify the setting is being used?
>
> Thanks,
> Ken

or distribution of this message,