axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "THOMAS, JAI [AG-Contractor/1000]" <jai.tho...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: I give up
Date Fri, 28 Oct 2005 17:34:36 GMT
I agree with Brice. Let's not forget the fact that Axis has played a key
role in bringing SOAP technologies to where it is in the market today. It is
always easier to complain about things you don't have than to volunteer and
contribute to eliminate them.

Thanks
Jai

-----Original Message-----
From: Brice [mailto:blambi@iastate.edu]
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 12:23 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Re: I give up

We use Axis exclusively for our web service needs and I find it to be a
wonderful solution.  I have had problems with Axis, but I have worked
through them and with patience, there is no problem that cannot be
solved.  I understand that a lot of people do not have the time/patience
to deal with problems that using open source software may raise.  The
fact is, all the folks at the Apache Software Foundation develop great
software and I would be up the creek without a paddle if it wasn't for
them.
	Davanum Srinivas tries very hard to help people with problems they
may
have with Axis.  I can't imagine the time he probably spends just
writing and reading emails.  It is not fair for people to be complaining
that questions go unanswered.  If Axis is not for you, fine. Don't
complain about it and don't do things like make a yahoo account called
"axisisamess" and send emails to the list just to vent your frustration.
If you don't know how to use filters, then that is not Davanum Srinivas'
problem.  Please do not try to trivialize their work, they offer great
software to us and offer to answer questions without asking anything in
return.
	Please continue to help those of us who appreciate it.  We are very
happy with your software.

--Brice (CHRONOS http://chronos.org)

prohibited.