axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Juha Kononen" <Juha.Kono...@savonia-amk.fi>
Subject How missing elements and null values can be handled in Axis?
Date Tue, 27 Sep 2005 13:59:09 GMT
Hi all,

I have a problem with developing an Axis-based system which should be
prepared for missing elements and null values.
My schema is prepared for that by using the minOccurs="0" and
maxOccurs="1" attributes (I think it's a better solution than using
nillable attributes).
But it seems that Axis (1.2.1 Final) don't make any difference between
these attributes.
WSDL2Java creates an elemField.setMinOccurs(0) statement when
minOccurs="0" is used but
nothing when minOccurs="1" or greater. Is this a bug?
Isn't Axis should give an error if I did't sent a particular element
required by the schema? Or is there something I don't understand?

Thanks

Juha