axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Vishist Mandapaka <vishi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fault - makeTypeElement()
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2005 00:37:07 GMT
Anne,
I modified the schema. Still it did not work. The same "makeTypeElement"
error came up. Scanning through the schema, wsdl, server-config.wsdd, all of
them look fine to me.
Generated the java classes
Compiled the java classes
moved the generated class to WEB-INF/classes directory
copied/pasted deploy.wsdd to server-config.wsdd from <service>to </service>
part since deploy through command line is not working (it is giving
NullPointerException)
started the server
then came up the error..

:)

On 9/24/05, Anne Thomas Manes <atmanes@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. The code should not work in Axis 1.2. I guess it is more forgiving than
> Axis 1.1.
> 2. Schema inclusion does not change the namespace qualification status of
> the elements defined in the included schema. In the schema spec terminology,
> inclusion does not "coerce" the included schema. An included schema must
> have the same namespace as the including schema or no namespace.
>
> Anne
>
> On 9/24/05, Vishist Mandapaka <vishistm@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Then I have the following questions
> > 1. How come the code is working in Axis 1.2
> > 2. In the schema inclusion statement, I have defined the
> > targetNamespace. Wouldn't it be sufficient?
> >
> > Anyway, as you said, I will try to put the namespace declaration in the
> > schema and verify it. I will let you know the progress.
> > thanks a lot
> > vishist.
> >
> > On 9/24/05, Anne Thomas Manes < atmanes@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Looking just at your schema, I suspect you might have a namespace
> > > problem.
> > > The fault indicates that it is trying to define the
> > > {ssi_esap_lnp}>SSILNPResponse type (a qualified element name) but your
> > > schema doesn't define a targetnamespace, so all elements in the schema are
> > > unqualified.
> > >
> > > Anne

When I try to access the WSDL, I get the following exception

<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/%7DServer.generalException>

to figure it out. There is nothing in webserver logs.

in WEB-INF directory and I deployed that webservice using