axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Vishist Mandapaka <vishi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fault - makeTypeElement()
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2005 00:15:10 GMT
Then I have the following questions
1. How come the code is working in Axis 1.2
2. In the schema inclusion statement, I have defined the targetNamespace.
Wouldn't it be sufficient?

Anyway, as you said, I will try to put the namespace declaration in the
schema and verify it. I will let you know the progress.
thanks a lot
vishist.

On 9/24/05, Anne Thomas Manes <atmanes@gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking just at your schema, I suspect you might have a namespace problem.
>
> The fault indicates that it is trying to define the
> {ssi_esap_lnp}>SSILNPResponse type (a qualified element name) but your
> schema doesn't define a targetnamespace, so all elements in the schema are
> unqualified.
>
> Anne
>
> On 9/24/05, Anne Thomas Manes <atmanes@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Please also provide the WSDL.
> >
> > On 9/23/05, Vishist Mandapaka < vishistm@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > hi,
> > > I am using Axis 1.1 and deployed the webservice on Iplanet 6.1webserver. When
I try to access the WSDL, I get the following exception
> > > "
> > >
> > > Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:
> > >
> > > Fault - makeTypeElement() was told to create a type "{ssi_esap_lnp}>SSILNPResponse",
with no containing element

> > > AxisFault
> > >  faultCode: {
> > >
> > > http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/}Server.generalException <http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/%7DServer.generalException>
> > >  faultSubcode:
> > >  faultString: makeTypeElement() was told to create a type "{ssi_esap_lnp}>SSILNPResponse",
with no containing element

> > >  faultActor:
> > >  faultNode:
> > >  faultDetail:
> > > "
> > >
> > > It seems there is something wrong with my webservice. But I'm unable to figure
it out. There is nothing in webserver logs.
> > > The same webservice is working in Axis
> > >

> > > 1.2. But our companys spec is to use Axis 1.1 :).
> > > I am outlining the steps I followed
> > > 1. Created an xsd describing the complex elements
> > > 2. Created the wsdl, with the include statement for xsd.
> > > 3. generated the java classes using Axis utility class
> > >

> > > 4. Compiled the source files and then deployed it.
> > > 5. The process of deploying is like, I have a server-config.wsdd in WEB-INF
directory and I deployed that webservice using deploy.wsdd file generated by Axis.