axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fault - makeTypeElement()
Date Sun, 25 Sep 2005 01:39:53 GMT
Axis 1.1 is a bit buggy when it comes to document/literal, but it should
work if you're doing WSDL first.

I did find problems with your WSDL in the echo operation:
1- message part definitions for a doc/literal operation must reference
elements, not types.
2- the parts attribute in a soap:body definition must reference a part
definition, not a message definition.

I can't immagine why these mistakes would produce the error you're seeing,
but who knows.

In any case, because Axis 1.1 is a bit temperamental about doc/literal, I
suggest you remove the echo operation, and I suggest that you embed you
schema inline rather than including an external file.

Anne

On 9/24/05, Vishist Mandapaka <vishistm@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have two more question, why Axis 1.1 is putting ">" symbols infront of
> elements that are part of messages. and also the corresponding generated
> classes have "_" leading to their class names.
> The documentation did not help much in this aspect.
>

> On 9/24/05, Vishist Mandapaka <vishistm@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Anne,
> > I modified the schema. Still it did not work. The same "makeTypeElement"
> > error came up. Scanning through the schema, wsdl, server-config.wsdd,
> > all of them look fine to me.
> > Generated the java classes
> > Compiled the java classes
> > moved the generated class to WEB-INF/classes directory
> > copied/pasted deploy.wsdd to server-config.wsdd from <service>to
> > </service> part since deploy through command line is not working (it is
> > giving NullPointerException)
> > started the server
> > then came up the error..
> >
> > :)
> >

> > On 9/24/05, Anne Thomas Manes < atmanes@gmail.com > wrote:
> > >
> > > 1. The code should not work in Axis 1.2. I guess it is more forgiving
> > > than Axis 1.1.
> > > 2. Schema inclusion does not change the namespace qualification status
> > > of the elements defined in the included schema. In the schema spec
> > > terminology, inclusion does not "coerce" the included schema. An included
> > > schema must have the same namespace as the including schema or no namespace.
> > >

> > > Anne

but your

6.1webserver. When I try to access the WSDL, I get the following exception

<http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/%7DServer.generalException>
"{ssi_esap_lnp}>SSILNPResponse", with no containing element

I'm unable to figure it out. There is nothing in webserver logs.

in WEB-INF directory and I deployed that webservice using