axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Guy Rixon <...@ast.cam.ac.uk>
Subject Re: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 13:48:18 GMT
On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, A Yang wrote:

> Deserialization of the message payload?
Yes, either in the service or in the client when the response comes back.

> How important are the contents of the SOAP Envelope and Header? i.e.,
> does the first child element in the body have to have the same name as
> the method I wish to invoke? And do I have to keep the namespace in
> synch with my implementation somehow?
Namespace sync'd to implementation yes, via the WSDD. The first child in the
body _may_ need to be named after the operation in order to satisfy the WSDL
contract. However, the service doesn't generally read the WSDL, so that's
probably not your problem here.

> I've just been making sure that my service name, class name and method
> name are in synch between the implementation and the deployment
> descriptor. The actual XML being sent by my client via the
> SOAPConnection.call() method basically has nothing in it.

Sounds reasonable.