axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Thompson, Christine" <CThomp...@ndsuk.com>
Subject Deploying services to other webapps
Date Tue, 20 Sep 2005 16:44:22 GMT
I am working with Axis 1.2.1 on Tomcat 5.0.30. I would like to use axis
under a web application named something other than "axis". I wish to
deploy a jar file containing the service, so I cannot use the JWS
deployment. However, when I tried this, and deployed my soap service to
the new webapp using AdminClient (using a classpath containing all the
axis jar files from the renamed application), it still attempted to
deploy to http://localhost:8080/webapps/axis, not my new application.
Looking at the source code of the AdminClient class, it uses a
defaultURL of http://localhost:8080/axis/services/AdminService, which
presumably causes my problem.

Is there a way in which I can deploy to another webapp? Or am I
constrained by what appears to be a hard-coded url in the source code?

Thanks,

Christine

 Information contained in this email message is intended only for use of the individual or
entity named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee
or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by email to postmaster@ndsuk.com
and destroy the original message.