axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Nappin" <C.Nap...@ABM-UK.COM>
Subject RE: Extracting Operation Name from a SOAP envelope
Date Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:30:24 GMT

> You mean the "wrapped" style, presumably, where there's a convention
that > the document element matches the operation name in the WSDL. Yes,
that's a
> Microsoft idea and normal in .NET...

Yep, and this should not be confused with the "wrapped" parameter mode,
in which your web service toolkit passes the children of the child node
as parameters to your service.

> However, I had in mind an intermediate case. Suppose you have a
service
> with multiple operations in doc-lit style-usage. I think you are then
> required to make each operation take and/or return a different type of
> document s.t. the operations can be distinguished.

It would be interesting to know what Axis supports in this area.
Presumeably only the input type would need to be unique?

CONFIDENTIALITY & PRIVILEGE NOTICE

This e-mail is confidential to its intended recipient. It may also be privileged. Neither
the confidentiality nor any privilege attaching to this e-mail is waived lost or destroyed
by reason that it has been mistakenly transmitted to a person or entity other than its intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by telephone
or fax at the numbers provided above or e-mail by Reply To Author and return the printed e-mail
to us by post at our expense. We believe, but do not warrant, that this e-mail and any attachments
are virus-free, but you should check. We may monitor traffic data of both business and personal
e-mails. We are not liable for any opinions expressed by the sender where this is a non-business
e-mail. If you do not receive all the message, or if you have difficulty with the transmission,
please telephone us immediately.