axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Dave Belfer-Shevett <...@homeport.org>
Subject RE: Newbie problem moving to 'document' style requests. Help!
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2005 20:04:15 GMT
On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 21:32 +0200, Grossberger, Guenter wrote:
> You need to add this to your client code:
> call.setOperationStyle(Style.DOCUMENT);
>
> or better:
> call.setOperationStyle(Style.WRAPPED);
>
> and:
> call.setOperationUse(Use.LITERAL);

Ah.. HAH!  That definately helped!  I got a call to the server and back
in Document form.  It also required the following code to be added
(since you no longer can just use the default enumeration of methods) :

call.addParameter("echoString", org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING,
javax.xml.rpc.ParameterMode.IN);
call.setReturnType(org.apache.axis.Constants.XSD_STRING);

('echoString' being the method in the service already published).

Next will be to set up complex data types, and see if I can get them
mapped up properly.

Thanks again for helping me get past that roadblock.

--
Dave Belfer-Shevett <dbs@homeport.org>
The Homeport Collective