axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ronny Weiser" <Ronny.Wei...@meta-1.com>
Subject AW: Connecting AXIS with .NET Dataset
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:37:57 GMT
Hi,

I think you are right with the fact that datasets are only known in .NET. So
I think the best way is to serialize the dataset into xml and return this as
string.

Or you write your own dataset implementation in java and an own
de-/serializer for axis.

I would prefer the first way.

Ronny Weiser

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Raúl García [mailto:rgarcia@padconsulting.net]
Gesendet: Montag, 26. September 2005 12:15
An: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Betreff: Connecting AXIS with .NET Dataset

Hi all,

We need to connect to a .NET webservice.

At the moment we can read simple types (String, integer, Boolean and also a
simple Class).

We don't use the wsdl2java so we need it to be integrated to an own java
architecture.

We create a service and a Call, we fill the sending and returning params and
we create a serializable object of the class (In case we return a class from
.NET webservice), we cannot connect with vectors, arrays or DataSet...

As we can see at the wsdl, a DataSet seems to be an object only supported by
.NET.

Can please someone tell me how to connect to a .NET Dataset? , Without using
wsdl2java.
Some ideas or workarounds will be appreciated.

Thanks on advance
Best Regards
Raúl.