axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Juha Kononen" <Juha.Kono...@savonia-amk.fi>
Subject The static MessageContext.getCurrentContext method doesn't work
Date Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:03:12 GMT
Hi, I have a problem with using the MessageContext.getCurrentContext
method in my server-side code.
I would like to get the current context to able to get an access to the
current session. Well, everything works just fine if I use the
getCurrentContext method in one of my own objects, but something strange
happends when I'm trying to use this method inside a thread. Everytime I
call the MessageContext.getCurrentContext method in a thread it returns
only null. Is this a bug? As I told, the the
MessageContext.getCurrentContext method works great, I can get my
MessageContext object, if I don't use the method in threads. Have you
guys got this method working in threads? Even if I can pass a
MessageContext reference into a thread via a static variable the
getCurrentContext doesn't work. There's got to be something wrong with
this method. Because of this problem it's impossible to make use of the
session mechanism in threads.

I'm working at the moment on a project where we are developing a
decision support system. The system runs on Tomcat 5.5.9 and uses the
Axis 1.2.1 Final version. I would be very grateful for any help.

Juha Kononen

e-mail: Juha.Kononen@savonia-amk.fi