axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Anne Thomas Manes <atma...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Axis to handle already existing WS implementation
Date Tue, 02 Aug 2005 11:35:58 GMT
Please explain more about your situation.

What do you mean by "moving to Axis"? What would you like to use Axis for?

Axis performs
- WSDL generation
- SOAP request/response
- Document/literal style services

So does that mean you would like to replace you current WS features with Axis?
If so, you'll need to make some changes to you current web app.

Axis supports WS generation from WSDL or from Java. As a best practice
to ensure better interoperability, it's better to generate the WS from
WSDL. Capture your dynamically generated WSDLs and use them to
generate your WSs. Then replace your current WS infrastructure with
Axis, and direct Axis to invoke the appropriate application code when
requests come.

If that isn't possible, then use your current application code to
generate the WS and the WSDL.

If you asking whether you can dynamically expose web services with
Axis, I don't know if it can do that.

Anne