axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Deepak S Patwardhan <csd99...@cse.iitd.ac.in>
Subject Re: service url
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 09:04:04 GMT

On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Javier Gonzalez wrote:

> Deploy them using server-config.wsdd, and use your naming hierachy.
>
> <service name="foo/bar/myFooBarService" provider="java:MSG"
> style="message" use="literal">
> </service>
>
> and you will then have the url
> "http://<HOST>/<CONTEXT>/services/foo/bar/myFooBarService" for
> accesing your web service.
>
> Hope that helps,
>
> Javier.

HI all,
Thanks a lot, Javier. I changed the attribute name of element
service in deploy.wsdd and undeploy.wsdd and it worked.

I also found out that if you define your port itself of the form "xyz/abc"
in the service definition, AXIS has no problems. (if you can change the
WSDL)

Still, I feel that AXIS should accept any URL that WSDL developer defines
as the SOAP address, provided it looks like

http://host:unix-port/axis/services/<CUSTOM>/PORT-NAME

Perhaps, this could be a feature request! :-)

thanks,
Deepak S Patwardhan.