axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ken Tam" <ken...@proteustech.com>
Subject Deserialize subclasses with AXIS
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:44:25 GMT
I have a web service which returns an array of a base abstracted class with
the actual subclasses as the entries. I am getting an error when this web
service is invoked from an AXIS client. It doesn't seem like the
BeanDeserializer know how to deserialize a subclass and an exception is
thrown saying a subclass member is not found in the base class.

I checked the SOAP response and found the subclasses are returned correctly.
In addition, I was able to get this to work with a .NET client.

I am using the latest AXIS 1.2.1. Is there another deserializer I should use
or do I have to write my own deserializer to handle subclasses.

Thanks.