axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Hoying, Ken" <KHoy...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject [Axis1] Axis Memory Leak
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:14:53 GMT

We are having issues with a slow memory leak that is resulting in OutOfMemory errors in our
production environment after about 3 days time.  We are currently using Axis 1.0.  After profiling
the application with OptimizeIt, it appears that there is a memory leak that seems to be tied
to the following:
		org.apache.axis.Message.getSOAPEnvelope()

Can anyone confirm that this was a known memory leak and it is have been fixed in a subsequent
release of Axis?

I am also curious to know what implications would arise from switching to Axis 1.2.1.  Can
I just replace the jar or do I need to regen class and clients? Does the Axis 1.0 jar used
on a client work with the Axis 1.2.1 on the server?

Thank you,
Ken Hoying

TIAA-CREF