axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Jarmo Doc" <jar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Managing multiple sessions from same client
Date Wed, 31 Aug 2005 17:10:40 GMT
I already do session management for multiple clients using HTTP cookies and
that allows me to easily distinguish one client from another.  But is there
a simple, architected way to manage multiple sessions from the same client?
My clients are application servers and their clients are end users, so my
clients will be opening multiple sessions to me, one per end user.

I can do it manually by returning a session ID for each new session but that
then pollutes my WSDL as it requires evey request to explicitly contain a
session ID.  So, I was wondering if SOAP headers, or somethng else, can help
me here.

Thanks.  PS great mailing list.  Once I understand how all this WS stuff
works, I'll stop asking questions and start answering them ;-)