axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "J H" <doctaj...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Change the Port that Axis Service runs as
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 17:20:23 GMT
Hi All.  Thanks for your help on this!  I've come up with some more
findings.

Load-on-startup only affects servlets within the scope of a webapplication,
it does not affect the
order that different webapps are loaded from the application server.

To change the order that things are loaded in Tomcat 5.5, I used the
suggestion of renaming my webapp to be lower in the alphabetical scheme.
For example, my axis service, I named A123, and I named my client webapp
X123, this loads the X123 client safely after first initing, A123 service.
Short, Sweet, Simple, and a little ugly.

My next task is to move everything over to Websphere 6.1.  No Problems with
Axis, only Slide problems now.    One interesting note on all of this with
Websphere is that even if my service isn't running and the client requests
it, Websphere, puts the client on hold, starts up the service and continues
running without the problems I discussed for Tomcat.

Thanks,
Jeff