axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Axis User <axisu...@gmail.com>
Subject reading large attachments
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2005 14:14:44 GMT
Hi,
First some info...

Platform: Axis 1.2.1, Java 1.5.0_04-b05, Linux 2.6.11.4-20a-default

Aim: to send a zip file attached to a SOAP message and save it to a
directory. Zip files will on average be around 50Mb.

Code:
//On the client side I add attachments as below:

DataHandler handler = new DataHandler(new FileDataSource(file));
stub.addAttachment(handler);

//server side retrieval
MessageContext msgContext = MessageContext.getCurrentContext();
Message requestMessage = msgContext.getRequestMessage();
int numAttachments = requestMessage.getAttachmentsImpl().getAttachmentCount();

Problem:
The problem seems to be to me that my service method is being invoked
before the entire attachment has been transferred hence numAttachments
== 0 even though the client always sends an attachment. Is there a way
to determine that the entire message has been received before querying
the number of attachments? In this case the attachments are ~45mb

Thanks,
Mike