axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Guy Pardon <>
Subject Handlers and threads
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2005 11:34:44 GMT

We want to extract a transaction context header from an incoming SOAP
request (via a Handler in JAX-RPC) and associate the service thread
with the incoming transaction.
According to the JAX-RPC spec, there is no guarantee that handlers are
in the same thread as the service itself (which complicates this

Hence my question: are handlers called in the _same_ thread as the
If not, are there any better ways of doing this?

Many thanks,

Dr. Guy Pardon ( )
Atomikos: The Transaction Processing Company

The information in this email is confidential and only meant for the
addressee(s). The content of this email is informal and will not be
legally binding for Atomikos.

View raw message