axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Nappin" <C.Nap...@ABM-UK.COM>
Subject Getting details from a SOAP fault
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 15:57:44 GMT
Hi,

  I'm receiving a custom SOAP fault in my client, with various application-specific error
data items in the fault's "details" section. When using the JAX-RPC/JAXM APIs, I get a null
details object:

SOAPMessage response = ..call the service using JAXM..

if (response.getSOAPBody().hasFault()) {
    Detail detail = response.getSOAPBody().getFault().getDetail();
    if (detail == null) {
        System.out.println("Detail is null!");
    } else {
        ..output the details object..
    }
}

But when casting the SOAPFault to a "org.apache.axis.message.SOAPFault" then using the Axis-specific
APIs (e.g. getFault().getFaultDetails()) on the same response, I do get the XML I'm expecting.

Am I doing something wrong?

thanks,

Chris Nappin
Technical Architect

ABM United Kingdom Limited
Telephone: +44 (0) 115 977 6999
Facsimile: +44 (0) 115 977 6850
Web: http://www.abm-uk.com

ABM for Intelligent Solutions

CONFIDENTIALITY & PRIVILEGE NOTICE

This e-mail is confidential to its intended recipient. It may also be privileged. Neither
the confidentiality nor any privilege attaching to this e-mail is waived lost or destroyed
by reason that it has been mistakenly transmitted to a person or entity other than its intended
recipient. If you are not the intended recipient please notify us immediately by telephone
or fax at the numbers provided above or e-mail by Reply To Author and return the printed e-mail
to us by post at our expense. We believe, but do not warrant, that this e-mail and any attachments
are virus-free, but you should check. We may monitor traffic data of both business and personal
e-mails. We are not liable for any opinions expressed by the sender where this is a non-business
e-mail. If you do not receive all the message, or if you have difficulty with the transmission,
please telephone us immediately.