axis-java-user mailing list archives

From shantanu chawla <shantanuchawl...@gmail.com>
Subject elaborate example on axis2
Date Mon, 08 Aug 2005 18:47:02 GMT
Hi

I have just downloaded axis2 v 0.9. I have experience in writing web
services with axis1.1 but the axis2 has just stumped me.

In axis1 the web services method params and return type were very much
clear, Objects or primitive java types and serializer/deserializer
takes care of everything.

now is axis2 I am seeing param and return types of type  OMElement and
dont know how I can get the object params and how to return them. I m
not very much clear abt the whole axis2 i think.

for example in axis1 I just care abt Impl java files where method are
defined simply like

public java.lang.String doSomething(com.shantanu.MyObject doSomethingRequest)
{

}

but in axis2 all I see is public OMElement doSomething(OMElement elem)
{

}

and when I run WSDL2Java I dont see any of my java bean objects that
are the params to my methods but only see the skeleton.java file

I am sure I am missing something serious in the understanding of
axis2. if so can anyone give pointers to good tutorials for writing
web services using axis2

Shantanu
--
Graduate Student