axis-java-user mailing list archives

From richard falconer <rfalco...@peopledoc.com>
Subject application scope in axis 1.2
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 09:44:34 GMT
Hi,

I originally deployed my axis 1.2.1 service with the <parameter
name="scope" value="Session"/> As expected each time my client invokes a
service method a new instance of the class is created to satisfy the
request. However I've tried to change this so that I can do some one-off
bootstrapping of resources so changed the parameter setting to the following:

<parameter name="scope" value="Application"/>

However I'm still getting a new instance of my class generated for each
client request. Also tried removing the parameter altogether but again my
class is being re-created each time a request comes in.

Any help appreciated,
thanks Richard