axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Nicolas De Loof <nicolas.del...@capgemini.com>
Subject NullpointerException when using both proxy and maintainSession
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:30:08 GMT

Hello,

from an Axis client using Commons-HttpClient as transport, I get
NullPointerException when using maintainsession + proxy.

My web service is statefull, so I require session

I'm trying to record load test scenario using a proxy based tool
(loadrunner, similar to apache jmeter)

I've setup http.proxyHost/Port (only) and it works
I've setup service.setMaintainSession(true) and it works
Using both options, NullPointerException in CommonsHttpSender
    boolean secure = hostConfiguration.getProtocol().isSecure();

hostConfiguration.host is null and getProtocol returns null.

Patching getHostConfiguration to ALWAYS setting host make it work :

    config.setHost(targetURL.getHost(), port, targetURL.getProtocol());

Is this a known bug ?

Nico.