axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Gordon Gekko <di...@tiscalinet.it>
Subject [axis2] in-only MEP
Date Wed, 17 Aug 2005 20:20:50 GMT
Hi!

I've a question about in-only message exchange pattern and exception.

I've written a client and a server that both manage in-only message
exchange.  Now, when the server computation goes fine I get back a http
packet with 202 (accepted) as response code and when something goes
wrong an exception is raised in the server and I get back an http
message with response code 500 (internal server error) and a soap fault
message in the body.  But in the latter case an exception is not raised
in the client so I cannot notice that something went wrong in the server.

I know that it is called "fire and forget" but I should not be aware
that something went wrong in the server?  Or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot for any reply!

Diego