axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Flores, Raul" <raul.flo...@lmco.com>
Subject RE: Axis 1.2.1 and Microsoft Office 2003 Web Services Toolkit interoperability
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:41:29 GMT
It appears to be an rpc/encoded service, which will not play with .net.
Alter the service to a doc/lit service.

Raul Flores

  _____

From: Nicklas Karlsson [mailto:nickarls@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 19, 2005 3:06 AM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Axis 1.2.1 and Microsoft Office 2003 Web Services Toolkit
interoperability

Hello,

  I have deployed a proto for a WS in Axis 1.2.1 that is working just
fine with a dummy Axis client but I have some problems getting it to
work with the O2003 Toolkit. The wizard finds the WS just fine and
generates the code but when running it an error occurs when initing the
service:

"SoapMapper:The schema definition with a targetnamespace of
http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/ for
SoapMapper string could not be found HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified
error - WSDLOperation:Initialization
of a SoapMapper for operation dump failed HRESULT=0x80004005:
Unspecified error - WSDLOperation:
Initializing of the output messaged failed for operation dump
HRESULT=0x80004005: Unspecified error"

I am quite the noob when it comes to XML and WS :-/ Is it something with
the namespace/soapenc or? It would be nice if I could present an Excel
view of  the data generated in Axis to our customer. It is supposed to
return an array of Product objects (containing only a string attribute
for now).

Thankful for any assistance!,
  - Nik

The wsdl generated by Axis is:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wsdl:definitions targetNamespace="urn:dumper" xmlns:impl="urn:dumper"
xmlns:intf="urn:dumper"
xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
xmlns:wsdl="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/">
<!--WSDL created by Apache Axis version: 1.2.1
Built on Jun 14, 2005 (09:15:57 EDT)-->
   <wsdl:types>
targetNamespace="urn:dumper">
         <import namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"/>
            <complexType name="Product">
               <sequence>
                  <element name="name" nillable="true"
type="soapenc:string"/>
               </sequence>
            </complexType>
            <complexType name="ArrayOfProduct">
               <complexContent>
                  <restriction base="soapenc:Array">
                     <attribute ref="soapenc:arrayType"
wsdl:arrayType="impl:Product[]"/>
                  </restriction>
               </complexContent>
            </complexType>
      </schema>
   </wsdl:types>
   <wsdl:message name="dumpRequest">
   </wsdl:message>
   <wsdl:message name="dumpResponse">
      <wsdl:part name="dumpReturn" type="impl:ArrayOfProduct"/>
   </wsdl:message>
   <wsdl:portType name="DumperService">
      <wsdl:operation name="dump">
         <wsdl:input name="dumpRequest" message="impl:dumpRequest"/>
         <wsdl:output name="dumpResponse" message="impl:dumpResponse"/>
      </wsdl:operation>
   </wsdl:portType>
   <wsdl:binding name="DumperSoapBinding" type="impl:DumperService">
      <wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc"
      <wsdl:operation name="dump">
         <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction=""/>
         <wsdl:input name="dumpRequest">
            <wsdlsoap:body use="encoded"
namespace="urn:dumper"/>
         </wsdl:input>
         <wsdl:output name="dumpResponse">
            <wsdlsoap:body use="encoded"
namespace="urn:dumper"/>
         </wsdl:output>
      </wsdl:operation>
   </wsdl:binding>
   <wsdl:service name="DumperServiceService">
      <wsdl:port name="Dumper" binding="impl:DumperSoapBinding">
         <wsdlsoap:address
location="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/Dumper"/>
      </wsdl:port>
   </wsdl:service>