axis-java-user mailing list archives

From trebor iksrazal <iksra...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Change the Port that Axis Service runs as
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2005 13:05:41 GMT
Hi all,

I just subscribed to the list, so I'm replying to
James.

Is the goal running two seperate web services in the
same servlet container? It seems you are using the
same configuration for both web services. At least one
way to solve it - if I understand the problem
correctly -  is two have seperate .wsdd files, each
with a different urn.

If that doesn work or is not your problem, try posting
each .wsdd file and the exact stackTrace.

HTH,
iksrazal

--- James Wilson <wilsonj@ociweb.com> wrote:

> I haven't been using Axis all that long either.
> However I don't think Axis
> itself can run on a port.  Thus the application
> fighting over port 8080 would
> be your servlet container.  Are you starting Tomcat
> via an Eclipse plugin?
>
> hope it helps,
> james
>

> Quoting J H <doctajeff@hotmail.com>:
>
> > Hi Everyone.  This is my first time e-mailing this
> list, because the
> > documentation out there for this project has been
> fantastic!  (Thanks to the
> > Axis and Eclipse participants).
> >
> > I have built a self-contained web application
> (service) that implements the
> > Axis libraries.  I have another webapplication
> that I would like to be able
> > to run on the same application server that talks
> to this custom axis service
> > to send messages back and forth to my client.  It
> seems that the two
> > applications are fighting over the default port
> 8080.  I have confirmed this
> > by installing the 2 webservices on different
> machines, and the solution
> > works great.  I know it must be a simple solution,
> but I can't find out
> > anywhere how to change the port that Axis runs as.
> >
> > Thanks!
> > Jeff

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. -- Goethe"