axis-java-user mailing list archives

From James Wilson <wils...@ociweb.com>
Subject Re: Change the Port that Axis Service runs as
Date Wed, 10 Aug 2005 13:21:33 GMT

Quoting Joachim Goetze <j_goetze@informatik.uni-kl.de>:

> Hi,
>
> James Wilson wrote:
> >
> > Quoting Joachim Goetze <j_goetze@informatik.uni-kl.de>:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > if I am not mistaken the Web.XML is part of the Tomcat-Config. So the
> >

> >> web.xml is part of your application.  It is not part of the container
> >> configuration.  Unless you look at it from the perspective of your
> application
> >> telling the container how to configure it.
>
> Right, that is my perspective. But there is only a Web.XML in the Axis
> folder, so it is Axis that is configured here and not a Web Service of Axis.
>
> > only thing you can "load on startup" here is Axis, not the Web Services
> > managed by Axis. That is why I was asking yesterday, if there is a
> > chance to load a Web Service immediately after the Axis startup
> > (although I do not care about any order of startup, which makes your
> > case even more complex).
> >

> >> I don't know what you would need to start.  Start tomcat and your service
> is
> >> ready to recieve requests.  There is no need for load-on-startup.  If you
> are
> >> writing a web application that is a client and you want it to start making
> >> requests to a service on startup, then look at implementing a
> >> ServletContextListener.
>
> Complex applications may require services that do some organizational
> stuff on startup, so thats why I am looking for such a solution. Sure my
>  web application is ready for request immediately after the start of the
> container, but what if I need to do something time consuming prior the
> first request?

I recommend using a ServletContextListener.  If you are using Log4j, you'll want
to check out this thread:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=log4j-user&m=109585712427674&w=1

> Regards,
> Jo
>
> > Regards,
> > Jo
> >

> > J H wrote:
> >
> >>I found something incredibly interesting, by chance this weekend.  If I
> >>startup the 2nd axis webapp first and then start the 1st webapp after
> >>that, everything works fine on the same machine.  This must have been
> >>why the two webapps worked fine on different machines.  I started
> >>playing with the load-on-startup tag in the web.xml to see if I could
> >>setup which webapp was loaded first.
> >

> >> Try alphaticially naming the one you want to load first.  Assuming you are
> >> dropping the war files into CATALINA_HOME/webapps or using
> >> CATALINA_HOME/conf/server/localhost maybe Tomcat will find and load them
> in
> >> that order.
> >

> >>   It hasn't worked yet, but I might
> >>be doing something wrong.
> >
> >>Jeff

>>loc.setMyPortEndpointAddress("http://127.0.0.1:8080/server/services/MyPort");

org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readHeadersFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:583)

org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)

> >>com.project.slide.store.SecurityStore.retrieveObject(SecurityStore.java:118)

> >>org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore.retrieveObject(StandardStore.java:171)

org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller.loadObjectNode(XMLUnmarshaller.java:194)

org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller.loadObjectNode(XMLUnmarshaller.java:299)

> >>org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller.unmarshal(XMLUnmarshaller.java:126)

org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceAccessTokenImpl.importData(NamespaceAccessTokenImpl.java:306)

> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:935)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3421)

> >>org.apache.catalina.startup.CatalinaService.start(CatalinaService.java:273)

>>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

>>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.start(BootstrapService.java:245)

> >>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java:307)

org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)

> >>com.project.slide.store.SecurityStore.retrieveObject(SecurityStore.java:118)

> >>org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore.retrieveObject(StandardStore.java:171)

org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller.loadObjectNode(XMLUnmarshaller.java:194)

org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller.loadObjectNode(XMLUnmarshaller.java:299)

> >>org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller.unmarshal(XMLUnmarshaller.java:126)

org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceAccessTokenImpl.importData(NamespaceAccessTokenImpl.java:306)

> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:935)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3421)

> >>org.apache.catalina.startup.CatalinaService.start(CatalinaService.java:273)

>>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

>>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.start(BootstrapService.java:245)

> >>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java:307)

org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.readHeadersFromSocket(HTTPSender.java:583)

> >>com.project.slide.store.SecurityStore.retrieveObject(SecurityStore.java:135)

> >>org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore.retrieveObject(StandardStore.java:171)

org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller.loadObjectNode(XMLUnmarshaller.java:194)

org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller.loadObjectNode(XMLUnmarshaller.java:299)

> >>org.apache.slide.common.XMLUnmarshaller.unmarshal(XMLUnmarshaller.java:126)

org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceAccessTokenImpl.importData(NamespaceAccessTokenImpl.java:306)

> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:935)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3421)

> >>org.apache.catalina.startup.CatalinaService.start(CatalinaService.java:273)

>>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

>>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.start(BootstrapService.java:245)

> >>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java:307)

slidestore.reference.MemoryDescriptorsStore.retrieveObject(MemoryDescriptorsStore.java:251)

> >>org.apache.slide.store.AbstractStore.retrieveObject(AbstractStore.java:539)

> >>org.apache.slide.store.StandardStore.retrieveObject(StandardStore.java:177)

org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceConfig.getActionNode(NamespaceConfig.java:1106)

org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceConfig.initializeNamespaceConfig(NamespaceConfig.java:596)

> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:935)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3421)

> >>org.apache.catalina.startup.CatalinaService.start(CatalinaService.java:273)

>>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

>>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.start(BootstrapService.java:245)

> >>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java:307)

> org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceConfig.getParameter(NamespaceConfig.java:534)

org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceAccessTokenImpl.<init>(NamespaceAccessTokenImpl.java:133)

> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:935)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:3421)

> >>org.apache.catalina.startup.CatalinaService.start(CatalinaService.java:273)

>>sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

>>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.start(BootstrapService.java:245)

> >>org.apache.catalina.startup.BootstrapService.main(BootstrapService.java:307)

> org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceConfig.getParameter(NamespaceConfig.java:534)

org.apache.slide.common.NamespaceAccessTokenImpl.<init>(NamespaceAccessTokenImpl.java:133)

> org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:935)

> >>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.allocate(StandardWrapper.java:668)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:210)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

> >>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:553)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

> >>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)

> >>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2416)

>>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

>>org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)

> >>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)

org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)

> >>org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)

> >>org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:601)

org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:392)

> >>org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:565)

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)