axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Feng Xie \(fxie\)" <f...@cisco.com>
Subject RE: Urgent : exception during deployment ( Axis 1_2RC3)
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 03:06:08 GMT
Still no progress on this problem. It's been a BAD weekend for me.

Anyway. Could any one tell me how to set the RIGHT class with RIGHT
Log4j debug level, in order to get MEANINGFUL log message about what's
going on during deployment with wsdd file ? What I found is very strange
: log4j.category.org.apache.axis=INFO,axisLog , I almost got back
nothing in the log file. Only DEBUG level gave me info, however, too
much information makes me lost in the sea of log message. By the way,
since I am using Axis as a webapp in an embedded Tomcat server,
therefore, I can't set rootLogger.

The attached is the simple deploy.wsdd and the rather long axis.log (
sorry for this size, I hate it too). Could anyone take a look?

In my configuration, all axis specific jars are in
webapps/axis/WEB-INF/lib/. I am sure org.apache.axis.AxisFault is there
too. ( see axis.txt)

Extra info here:

When I tried http://myhost:8080/axis, I got back the usual Axis page,
from that point on, every link on that page (validation, service,call,
etc all work fine ). The validation page has a warning about a missing
library, but it is not a core library and I am sure my project doesn't
need it.

Plus, I have tried the same deploy.wsdd with a STANDALONE Tomcat server
( I mean Catalina), which works fine. The deployment went through.

I suspect something wrong with my classloading setting with Embedded
Tomcat, because that's the only BIG difference between STANDALONE and
Embedded tomcat server.

Any hint is welcomed,

Feng