axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Paul Thomas <paul.tho...@viajar.com>
Subject Resolve problem with digital handshake
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2005 13:32:55 GMT
Hi there,
I am trying to connect to an endpoint which is https and I get the
following error:

AxisFault
 faultSubcode:
 faultString: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
java.security.cert.CertificateException: Could not find trusted certificate
 faultActor:
 faultNode:
 faultDetail:

To try to resolve this I wrote a bogus TrustManager:

SSLContext sc = SSLContext.getInstance("SSL");
sc.init(null, AxisTrustManager.getAxisTrustManager(), new
java.security.SecureRandom());
HttpsURLConnection.setDefaultSSLSocketFactory(sc.getSocketFactory());

The thing is I don't really know where I should be putting this snippet
of code. At the moment, it is
in the soap stub where I invoke the webservice, but it doesn't work.

If anybody has already sorted this out, would they mind telling me where
I should use this code?

Thanks in advance,

Paul