axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "THOMAS, JAI [AG-Contractor/1000]" <jai.tho...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: Weblogic and Axis 1.2 - packaging EJBs and axis
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2005 18:53:55 GMT
If you are adding Axis as a separate webapp, try adding your util jar to its manifest file.
You can also add Axis servlet to your web application as opposed to having a separate one.

Jai

-----Original Message-----
From: Krishnan Kannan [mailto:kannan@kannan.us]
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 12:22 PM
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Subject: Weblogic and Axis 1.2 - packaging EJBs and axis

Hello all,

I am new to Axis and I am trying to use it to expose the Stateless
Session EJBs in our application as webservices on Weblogic 8.1sp4.

So, I bundled up axis and it's libraries as "axis.war" and included this
in our application  "myapp.ear" and deployed it on Weblogic.

Now, I can see the axis webapplication on the weblogic console and
invoke the Admin and validation services.

When I call the AdminClient to install my custom service using the
deploy.wsdd file and invoke the services as

http://localhost:8001/axis/services/MyCustomService

I get a ClassNotFoundException on the remote interface
(com.my.package.name.MySessionBeanRemote).

The Home and Remote interface classes are packaged in a common util jar
file and is part of the APP-INF/lib directory in the myapp.ear file. So
I assume the classes will be available for any  web application (.war)
deployed as part of th same EAR file.

Could anybody point out what I am missing or doing it wrong ?

Have anyone successfully used  Weblogic 8.1 with Axis 1.2.1 and exposed
their EJB's as Webservices ?

Thanks,
Kannan

to be received only by persons entitled to receive such information.  If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately.  Please delete it and all attachments
from any servers, hard drives or any other media.  Other use of this e-mail by you is strictly
prohibited.

by Monsanto.  The recipient of this e-mail is solely responsible for checking for the presence
of "Viruses" or other "Malware".  Monsanto accepts no liability for any damage caused by any