axis-java-user mailing list archives

From jba...@sasami.atomised.org (John Baker)
Subject Invalid element/Deserialization, again :(
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2005 14:43:03 GMT
Hello,

I know I've asked this before, and I've reviewed the remarks from last time
and looked for obvious errors in my WSDL, but nothing is making itself
obvious.

Please consider this message arriving to an Axis server:

<ns1:SubmitGeneralServiceRequest xmlns:ns1="http://www.caps-solutions.
co.uk/webservices/connectors/servicerequest/messagetypes">
        <ns2:SubmittedGeneralServiceRequest
xmlns:ns2="http://www.caps-solutions
.co.uk/schema/uniform/72b/servicerequest/sr/srtypes">
                <ns2:ServiceRequestIdentification>
                                        <ns2:AlternativeReferences>

<ns3:AlternativeReference xmlns:ns3="http://www.
caps-solutions.co.uk/schema/uniform/72b/common/uniformtypes">

(snip)

And this exception:

AxisFault
  faultSubcode:
   faultString: org.xml.sax.SAXException: Invalid element in
uk.co.caps_solutions.
www.schema.uniform._72b.servicerequest.sr.srtypes.SubmittedGeneralServiceRequest
Type - SubmittedGeneralServiceRequest
 faultActor:
  faultNode:
   faultDetail:
           {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:org.xml.sax.SAXException:
Invali
d element in
uk.co.caps_solutions.www.schema.uniform._72b.servicerequest.sr.srty
pes.SubmittedGeneralServiceRequestType - SubmittedGeneralServiceRequest
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.ser.BeanDeserializer.onStartChild(BeanDeseri
alizer.java:258)
        at
org.apache.axis.encoding.DeserializationContext.startElement(Deserial
izationContext.java:1035)

So the problem appears to be that it doesn't like the second node
(SubmittedGeneralServiceRequest).

The WSDL can be found here:
http://www.javasystemsolutions.com/serviceRequestConnector.wsdl

To throw a further observation into the problem, if I make a call from some
Axis generated stubs (from the WSDL), it makes this request:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><soapenv:Envelope
<soapenv:Body>
<SubmitGeneralServiceRequest xmlns="">
<ns1:SubmittedGeneralServiceRequest xmlns:ns1="http://www.caps-solutions.co.uk/schema/uniform/72b/servicerequest/sr/srtypes"><ns1:ServiceRequestIdentification><

So Axis stubs generate something similar to the XML coming into the server.
So why can't Axis decode the XML coming in?

Thanks :)

John