axis-java-user mailing list archives

From jba...@sasami.atomised.org (John Baker)
Subject Re: Tomcat Configuration
Date Wed, 06 Jul 2005 14:18:05 GMT
I think you need to add a couple jars that don't come with axis, but
happyAxis.jsp will tell you ;)

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 04:07:23PM +0200, Wolters, Oliver wrote:
> NO! Just copy the axis folder to Tomcat's webapps directory and leave the Tomcat configuration
as it is! If you change the configuration things probably getting worse!

> When your not sure if everything is set up right call the "Happy AXIS" site from your
brouwser. If it states that everything is alright leave your hands from the config.

> Oliver
>
> -----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----

using both for the first time.  I didn't do anything to the tomcat configuration files.  Is
that ok?  Or do I need to do something else?

web.xml definitions with the web.xml that you have for the existing site. This is quite a
simple task, but, non trivial. The server.xml, workers.properties and other files within the
global tomcat configuration need no change as axis is not running under its own site.

> JWD

> Is there anything you need to do configuration-wise with Tomcat (5.5.9) in order to
> access an Axis web service with client code?  The Tomcat/conf directory has a web.xml,
server.xml, and a context.xml among others.  Do I need to add anything to these files to get
my Axis web services to work?