axis-java-user mailing list archives

From James Wilson <wils...@ociweb.com>
Subject Re: axis log4j
Date Tue, 26 Jul 2005 16:42:02 GMT
What version of Axis and where are you deploying -- Tomcat?  The container will
have more of an effect on logging than Axis.  Since your appenders are not
being configured it sounds like Log4j is not configuring via the file(.xml or
.properties) you think.

The log4j.xml syntax to "stop" axis logging is the following.  Though I set the
level to INFO instead of FATAL.  Just include this in your .xml log4j
configuration file.
    <logger name="org.apache.axis">
        <level value="FATAL"/>
    </logger>