axis-java-user mailing list archives

From "Wierenga, R. - SPLXE" <Robin.Wiere...@klm.com>
Subject soap namespace problem
Date Mon, 25 Jul 2005 12:59:19 GMT
Hi all,

I'm having a problem when using the soap api to create messages. It seems
that the namespaces are disregarded when extracting content from the
SOAPBody. Does anybody have any idea why?

See code snippet below:

/* String soapMessageContent =

* <env:Envelope xmlns:env=\"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\">

*   <env:Body>

*      <Example xmlns=\"http://www.example.com\"/>

*   </env:Body>

* </env:Envelope>

*/

/* First create a test soap message and set its contents */

MessageFactory messageFactory = MessageFactory.newInstance();

SOAPMessage message = messageFactory.createMessage();

// XMLHelper is my own code which uses documentbuilder with namespaceaware
option set to true.

Document input = XMLHelper.readXML(soapMessageContent);

message.getSOAPPart().setContent(new DOMSource(input));

/* So far so good.... Now retrieve contents of body */

Node contents = message.getSOAPBody().getChildNodes().item(0);

/* contents value will be this:

* <Example/>

*

*/

Where the *BEEP* is the namespace? :-)

I'm using axis-1.2, xerces-2.7.0, saaj-1.2, jaxrpc-1.1 and some other jars.

Thanks,

Robin

For information, services and offers, please visit our web site: http://www.klm.com. This
e-mail and any attachment may contain confidential and privileged material intended for the
addressee only. If you are not the addressee, you are notified that no part of the e-mail
or any attachment may be disclosed, copied or distributed, and that any other action related
to this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail by error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, and delete this
message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM), its subsidiaries and/or its employees
shall not be liable for the incorrect or incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments,
nor responsible for any delay in receipt.