axis-java-user mailing list archives

From Srinath Perera <hemap...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Axis2] RESTful WebServices
Date Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:46:51 GMT
Axis2 provide a framework to make it easy to deploy REST web services.
All it does is work of a XML parser and a data binding. The point is
Axis2 enable the usual web services that are deployed to be expose as
REST web services (yes only if you have no Headers) as well.

we just try to make the Axis2 REST enable so that the people who
deploy web services can make the web services accept REST requests as
well. It is a experiment.

Using Axis2 as a REST Container .. people may do it or not do it. If
people choose that doing rest by hand is good enough we can remove
it.. but I think people might be intersted about it

Cheers
Srinath